Among the various opportunities for activities and friendship, WOOO (Women On Our Own) in SaddleBrooke is constantly adding new and enjoyable activities. WOOO Walkers is such an event.
Most of us who now call SaddleBrooke home knew that we had found a wonderful paradise when driving over the ridge on SaddleBrooke Boulevard for the first time and seeing this wonderful oasis. Since that time, exploring this place where we live continues to be a pleasurable journey.
Pat Rourke, an active WOOO member, wanted to share her love of hiking and began WOOO Walkers. The first outing took in the milder temperatures and extraordinary vistas that can only be experienced in the Sonoran Desert in our milder temps. A juvenile javelina sighting provided us with a taste of desert wildlife, even during our midday hike.
An afternoon of wandering with wonderful company in our Tucson desert was followed by a stop at a local watering hole. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!
If you or someone you know is a single woman in SaddleBrooke, please encourage them to investigate Women On Our Own. We are 230 women strong and growing and offer the many varied events and activities that our members represent. If a member doesn’t see an opportunity to express herself, she is encouraged to create it, because there are sure to be others who share such a passion.
Many of our events involve dining, such as:
• Monthly potlucks at members’ homes, usually with a theme
• Second Saturday dining, which takes place within SB, SB Ranch, Catalina, and Oracle
• Dine-Around featuring dining in the greater Tucson area
• Ethnic Dining with opportunities to experience the diverse tastes of Tucson
• Holiday Dinners within SB
• Wine-tasting events
Gaming and Card Events:
• Bridge twice each month
• Game Night once each month, with trivia and Mexican Train
• Hand and Foot twice a month
• Mah Jongg twice a month
• Movies, day trips, book club (once per month), beginnerspickleball, hiking, and travel opportunities
If you have questions or would like to join our organization, please contact our president Dee Berisha. At 520-906-2626 or [email protected]. Our one-time membership fee is $12.