The telephone staff are the fifteen lovely ladies who answer the telephone when you call the Golden Goose—but they’re not just pretty faces. They schedule all the truck pickups and even help the pricers by researching the value of unique and unusual items. They also need to be familiar with all aspects of the Goose, as they are the primary source of information for people who call. Here are a few of the things they want you to know when you call to schedule a Golden Goose pickup:
• Pickups are scheduled only in the mornings and you typically need to call a week in advance.
• Be ready to provide a list of what’s to be picked up and call back if you need to add to the list. Also call if an item scheduled for pickup will no longer be available. This gives the truckers an opportunity to plan space on the truck.
• Call if you need to cancel your scheduled pickup. This enables the truckers to use their time wisely and enables another pickup to be scheduled in your time slot.
• Small miscellaneous items must be bagged or boxed to prevent them from flying around in the truck.
• All items must be in saleable condition. The Goose does not repair broken items.
The phone department is always looking for help and the job is ideal for people who can’t stand for extended periods of time. Most of the phone staff volunteer four hours per week and the hours and days are flexible. Keyboarding skills are essential.
One hour orientations for all new volunteers are scheduled at 3:00 p.m. on the third Monday of each month. For more information, call the Golden Goose at 825-9101 and check out our website at www.goldengooseaz.com.