Eight daily habits and how they affect the life expectancy of the average American:
1. Smoking a pack of cigarettes a day takes seven to eight years off your life.
2. Having one drink a day actually increases your life expectancy by about a year. But every additional drink per day decreases it by about eight and a half months for men and seven months for women.
3. Every ten pounds over your optimal weight cuts about a year off your life.
4. Watching two hours of TV a day cuts your life expectancy by about eight months if you’re a man and ten months if you’re a woman.
5. If you eat one portion of red meat a day you’ll live about 14 months less than you would if you didn’t eat red meat.
6. Eating five servings of fruits and vegetables a day increases life expectancy by 4.3 years for men and 3.8 years for women.
7. Drinking two or three cups of coffee a day increases your life expectancy by about a year.
8. Getting just 20 minutes of moderate exercise a day, on average, extends your life by about two years.
If you would like more helpful tips and ideas on how to live a healthier lifestyle, please visit the Fitness and Wellness Staff at DesertView Fitness Center. We’re here to help you providing Education, Orientations with an Evaluation, Personal Training and Group Instruction. Take advantage of the last week of the summer specials for Personal Training. Feel free to call us at 818-1300 or 818-1172.
Please join our amazing $5 or free fitness classes held at MountainView Fitness Center and pool. We offered Yoga Mondays and Fridays at 9:45 a.m., Cardio Blast Tuesdays and Thursday’s at 8:15 a.m., Posture and Balance Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m., Cycling Mondays at 5:15 p.m. and Thursdays at 2:30 p.m., Core and More Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. and Zumba Fridays at 8:30 a.m. Don’t forget to cool off in the pool Monday through Saturday with our amazing water aerobics classes.