Santa Catalina is partnering with NAMI Southern Arizona to offer a NAMI Family-to-Family class conducted at Santa Catalina Catholic Church on Oracle Road. This educational course is a free 12 week program for family members and close loved ones of adults living with mental illness. Many family members describe the impact of this program as life changing. Gain information, insight, understanding and empowerment on the following topics:
1. Family responses to the trauma of mental illness
2. The biology of the brain: emerging scientific discoveries
3. Mental Illnesses: Major Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Panic Disorder, Post Traumatic Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, co-occurring brain and addictive disorders
4. Medication Overview, Communication Skills Workshop, Self-care
5. Advocacy, Fighting Stigma
6. Understanding the inner experience of having a mental illness
The class will start in the next few months based on enrollment – it is designed for 12 to 24 people. If you are interested, please contact Judy Kowalick at NAMI for more information to pre-register for this class. Contact info email@example.com or 520-622-5582.