SaddleBrookers have been talking about Pickleball, the nation’s fastest growing sport for active adults. Test your knowledge of Pickleball in SaddleBrooke with this quiz below.
Have questions about this popular activity? Contact Andrea Molberg at 777-0994.
1. The largest club in SaddleBrooke is
2. How many potential buyers ask about Pickleball, according to Robson (RCI)?
a) 1 out of 2
b) 1 out of 3
c) 1 out of 5
3. Robson (RCI) provided the land for the six regulation Pickleball courts on Ridgeview.
4. Who paid for the construction of the six Ridgeview Pickleball courts built in 2012?
a) Robson (RCI), the developer
b) HOA 1
c) HOA 2
d) SPA, the members and friends of the SaddleBrooke Pickleball Association
5. How many Pickleball courts are expected to close by September 1, 2015?
a) 6 at Ridgeview, 55% of total
b) 2 at the Preserve (Courts #10 and 11, near the parking lot), 18% of total
c) 3 at the Preserve (the lower courts converted from a tennis court), 28% of total
d) 5 at the Preserve (upper and lower courts at the Preserve), 45% of total
6. How many lighted Pickleball courts does SaddleBrooke have for evening regulation play during the hot summer months?
7. The quiet Onix ball, required at the Preserve courts, is regulation Pickleball equipment and bounces the same as the official plastic ball.
8. All SaddleBrooke residents are welcome to play on Pickleball courts No. 10 and No. 11 with the quiet Onix ball during the designated Community Drop-In (CDI) times, which currently are Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m.
9. Both HOA 1 and HOA 2 currently budget and pay for Pickleball court maintenance, ball replacement, benches, etc.
10. Under a temporary agreement, SPA members are currently allowed to play Pickleball at SaddleBrooke Ranch.
What are the facts about SaddleBrooke Pickleball?
1. a – Pickleball is the largest club with 650 plus; hiking has 500 plus.
2. b – One out of three potential buyers ask about Pickleball according to RCI.
3. a – True, Robson (RCI) provided the land.
4. d – SPA, the Pickleball club, paid to build the courts.
5. d – All Pickleball courts at the Preserve will be closed September 9, 2015.
6. a – There are no lighted courts for Pickleball play with a regulation ball.
7. b – False, the regulation ball is plastic and bounces differently.
8. a – True, SaddleBrooke resident non-ember play is described on the home page of the SPA club website.
9. b – False, neither HOA 1 nor HOA 2 subsidize this amenity. Club members cover Pickleball maintenance costs.
10. a – True, there is currently a temporary reciprocal agreement.