The 2022 SaddleBrooke Health Fair is Saturday, Oct. 22, from 9 a.m. to noon. Fairgoers will find exhibits at both SaddleBrooke One and MountainView. Parking is at MountainView, as in prior years. Shuttles run between the two clubhouses every 10 minutes. Cars with handicap stickers and golf carts may park at SaddleBrooke One.
The immunization clinic will be in the West Ballroom at MountainView.
Desert Life Pharmacy will give flu, pneumonia (Prevnar 20), tetanus, and shingles shots.
Desert Life would like preregistration for all shots except flu. To preregister for pneumonia, tetanus, and shingles shots, use the designated websites or call 520-477-9776.
Walgreens needs preregistration for only the shingles shot. Call 520-531-8537 to arrange a shingles shot. No other shots require appointments with Walgreens. Walgreens offers flu shots, pneumonia (Prevnar 13, Pneumovax 23 Booster), TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis), and Shingles (Shingrix).
Free health screenings:
* Healthy Skin Dermatology, underwriter of the Health Fair, offers free skin cancer screenings on the lower level of the SaddleBrooke One clubhouse.
* The University of Arizona’s College of Pharmacy does free screenings for diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, and osteoporosis.
* Sonoran Ear, Nose, Throat & Audiology does free ear inspections.
* Fishkind, Bakewell, Maltzman, Hunter Eye Care will conduct free vision screening.
* Catalina-Oro Valley Lions Club does free vision screening and collects used eyeglasses, sunglasses, readers, hearing aids, and hearing aid batteries.
* Pima Heart and Vascular does free vein screening.
* Ted Robu gives free mini-massages.
* Vital Moves will do posture checks and offer corrective advice.
* Chiropractic US does free stress and posture evaluations.
* SOL Physical Therapy assesses balance and gait using the Tinetti tool.
* University of Arizona Thomas D. Boyce Liver Institute screens for Hepatitis C and has information on other liver conditions.
Drop box for eyeglasses, hearing aids, and medications at SaddleBrooke One
Drop off unused medications—no liquids, no needles.
Catalina-Oro Valley Lions Club collects eyeglasses (sunglasses, reading, and prescription), hearing aids, and hearing aid batteries.
* Banner University Trauma Services has tips on safe hiking and preventing falls.
* Northwest Healthcare/Oro Valley Hospital will do hands-only CPR.
* Tucson Medical Center
Learn about the value of exercise and nutrition, cryotherapy, percussion, massage chairs, caregiver fatigue, and music and art therapy.
Audiology and Vision
Exhibitors bring the latest in hearing aid products and vision conditions such as dry eye, glaucoma, cataracts.
Financial, Insurance and Legal
Various financial and legal services bring Medicare information, estate needs, legal information, mortgage financing, and funeral pre-planning.
The Golder Ranch Fire District is the source for home safety inspection and fire district services.
IMPACT of Southern Arizona will discuss Respite Care, Meals, and Transportation programs.
Arizona Youth Partnership has medication lock boxes, sharps containers, and more.
Arizona Oncology gives info on breast self-exams, colon, skin, and prostate cancer.
Pancreatic Cancer Network has tips on symptoms and treatments.
Origen Orthopedics & Optimal Health (formerly Rejuv Medical SW) shares nonsurgical orthopedics treatments.
Pain Institute of Southern Arizona (PISA) specializes in the treatment of severe and chronic pain.
Encompass Health does inpatient rehabilitation after an illness or injury specializing in brain injury, trauma, and hip fractures. Physical therapists at the fair can explain their treatments.
SaddleBrooke Senior Services
Senior Village in SaddleBrooke offers members transportation, help with home tasks and home automation, planning tools for financial and medical records, and more.
Senior Living Facilities
The Health Fair is a convenient time to compare exhibitors on independent living, placement services, home health, memory care, palliative, and hospice care.
Southern Arizona VA Health Care System offers information for veterans.
Of course, there’s even a pet clinic to keep everyone in the household healthy.
Learn more about local health services and facilities at the SaddleBrooke Health Fair on Saturday morning, Oct. 22, from 9 a.m. to noon.