Eileen J. Snearly
The passing of the torch is relinquishing responsibilities, a tradition, practice, or knowledge to another. This metaphoric expression alludes to the ancient Greek torch race, in which a lighted torch was passed from one runner to the next.
On Jan. 19, the MountainView Preserve Lady Niners held an awards event at the SaddleBrooke One Tennis Pavilion. Due to COVID and restricted inside gatherings, the event was held outside with masks and social distancing.
The torch was passed from the 2020 president to the 2021 president, and the 2021 MPLN Board was introduced.
Congratulations to the 2020 Award recipients:
* Most Improved Player: Maria Miller
* Most Birdies: Caryl Dowell (7)
* Most Chip-Ins: Kay Tomaszek (5)
* Most Broke 45: Sue Applegate (4)
* Most Broke 50: Linda Rouse (17)
* Ace of the Year Gross: Suzan Carter
* Ace of the Year Net: Shirley Nuss