The Prayer Shawl Ministry at Community Church at SaddleBrooke meets the third Monday of February, April and October at the Parish House at 1:00 p.m. They welcome members that have knitting experience. They are fortunate to have a budget that is provided by the church that enables them to purchase yarn for their ministry. They have knitted over 500 shawls since their ministry began in May of 2007.
Their ministry is an outreach of love, healing and compassion to those who are hurting physically, emotionally and spiritually. Their handiwork becomes an expression of love, concern and utmost the love of God. The ladies pray as they knit for healing for recipients that they don’t even know. At each meeting they bless all of the new shawls that are added to their inventory. Members are welcome to obtain a prayer shawl for anyone that they know are in need. When the shawl is presented it is accompanied by the following card.
You have been prayed for and this is a token of our love. Your brothers and sisters in Christ, Community Church at SaddleBrooke.
This shawl was created especially for you with love and prayers. May God who formed your being, who knit together in your Mother’s womb, who gave you the breath of life, renew you this day and give you hope to sustain you. May this prayer shawl be a sign of Christ’s healing presence. May it warm you when you are weary. May it surround you with comfort and encircle you with our caring love. Wear this prayer shawl and pray in Jesus’ name. Amen
The following are quotes made to us in thank you notes:
1. “I want you to know I use it daily; it brought tears to my eyes.”
2. “It has gifted me the comfort and love I need to go through my surgeries.”
3. “I feel the love and from those that knit this shawl into a tapestry of healing.”
4. “A forever treasured gift.”
5. “I am indeed humbled by your prayers, love and kindness of your ministry”
6. “As I was being transferred from a nursing home to a hospital I had to ask the ambulance driver to go back and get my prayer shawl as I would not go without it.”
All are welcome to join our ministry by calling the chairperson, Bev Frazee, at 825-4485.
The Community Church at SaddleBrooke meets every Sunday morning at 8:30 a.m. at the DesertView Theatre. We are a church of Grace and all are welcome.