We started our pet rescue efforts in 2011 and have moved forward with helping hundreds of pets find their forever homes, volunteered thousands of hours at local shelters and rescues and have donated tons of items to rescue groups, Pima Animal Care Center, San Carlos Indian Reservation and Cody’s Friends. We have also assisted many rescue animals with medical treatment and behavioral training through direct donations.
Along the way things have changed. Social media is at the forefront of getting pets that are available to prospective adoptive parents via Petfinder.com, rescue group websites, etc.
We feel that there is no longer a critical need for us to be a conduit to match pets with people waiting to adopt. With that being said, our focus as we move forward will be to concentrate in the following areas:
1. Support Pima Animal Care Center, Pinal County Animal Shelter and pet rescue groups with donated items, volunteering and donations of money towards medical and behavioral training costs.
2. Expand our fundraising efforts to support our mission.
3. Communicate to our residents the important issues derived from being a pet friendly community.
4. Direct prospective adopters and fosters to the appropriate rescue group that most closely matches their needs. We will continue to assist with placement of strays and other pets in SaddleBrooke that lose their home due to illness or death of their owners.
5. We will support efforts of ‘Seniors to Seniors’; placing adult pets with SaddleBrooke residents.
We want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who have supported us through the years. Your donations and hours of volunteerism never wavered; we could not have been able to serve the homeless pets without your caring support. We look forward to your continued support in the future.