SaddleBrooke residents are widely recognized as supporting efforts to improve and save lives through various means. Skin cancer research is one such endeavor that benefits everyone regardless of age, gender, or ethnicity and all of us will have an opportunity to contribute to the fight against skin cancer by coming to the SaddleBrooke Skin Cancer Research Fundraiser on Saturday, Nov. 23.
Denise Spartonos, community engagement specialist for the Skin Cancer Institute (SCI), along with her University of Arizona student-interns and volunteers will provide valuable skin cancer prevention information as well as an update on recent research developments.
The SCI unites the University of Arizona Cancer Center’s many skin cancer prevention activities, bringing together innovative research, clinical care, education, and community outreach.
SCI’s mission is to “prevent and cure skin cancer.” In the quest to accomplish this, the SCI seeks to:
* Increase knowledge of the origins, prevention, and treatment of skin cancer through research.
* Provide education and training for skin cancer patients, high-risk individuals, students, and providers.
* Improve patient care through increased access and referral to dermatology clinic resources.
* Increase public awareness for behavior changes about sun safety and skin cancer detection.
The SaddleBrooke Tennis Club once again partners with the SCI and University of Arizona Women’s and Men’s Tennis Teams to raise funds for skin cancer research.
The fundraiser will be Saturday, Nov. 23, from noon to 3 p.m. at the SaddleBrooke tennis center pavilion.
The Saddlebrooke Tennis Club (STC) players will bid for the right to partner with University of Arizona players in eight exhibition matches. Like most STC events, there will be great food and libation to lend a party atmosphere to the fundraiser. All of the proceeds from food, auctions, player bidding, and donations will be given to the Arizona Skin Cancer Institute to support research and treatment of this persistent disease.
What to expect at this deserving event?
* Free skin cancer screenings.
* Silent auction, which includes restaurant vouchers and coupons, gift cards, and products and services from local businesses.
* Entertaining and skilled tennis play by the University of Arizona student athletes and SaddleBrooke tennis players.
* Food and drinks (your donations are appreciated).
Your support can have an impact!
“The Skin Cancer Institute at the Arizona Cancer Center is the only skin cancer organization of its kind that unites patient care, research, outreach, and education into one coordinated entity. We operate purely on grants and donations from members of the community like you. We truly appreciate your support!”
We hope that you’ll spend some time and dollars with us to make a valuable contribution to the fight against this deadly disease. For more information, contact TJ Duffy at email@example.com.